Saturday 29 March 2008

Fighting for Faith and Nation: Dialogues With Sikh Militants


By Cynthia Keppley Mahmood

Why did thousands of Sikhs die in 1984 ? why did Bhindranwale choose the path he thought was right? How did Indira Gandhi pay back for her mistakes? who are "sant nirankaris" ?.

These and many other questions used to haunt my mind since i realised what happened in Punjab. I heard quite few stories which made me think twice about the actual events that took place. But i never got to know or see the true picture of all those who laid there lives just to practice there way of life (Sikhi).

This book by
Cynthia Keppley Mahmood nor does it go through each and every single event that shaped Punjab and India as a whole but also make you feel the part of the story, the darkest period has been narrated through the words of Sikh "militants".


I would recommend this to each and every Sikh and non Sikh to understand the circumstances in which certain steps were taken, and how it shaped and scarred Punjab. Every single moment captured and portrayed without any bias.

Click here to read the Ebook.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hello, I wish to read this book. I was trying to look for this book online but cudnot find it. If anyone has e-book of this book, kindly email me at chiragpuri@gmail.com thanx in advance.